- Visit the Bagan Archeological Site, a world heritage
- Explore the enchanting Island (Boulder Bay Eco Resort)
- Enjoy Bagan sunsets from a boat in the Ayeyarwaddy River, sipping cocktails
Begin with the World Heritage Site of ancient Bagan and then head to the southern part of Myanmar (Mergui Archipelago), definitely the place for couples to have a Peter Pan-inspired adventure with beaches and coves, inland jungles and cliffs, all perfect for exploring.
Useful information for Boulder Bay Eco Resort
What to bring: Hat, Sunglasses, Swimwear, Sun Protection, Insect Repellent, Sandals, Flip Flops, and Trekking Shoes.
Day 1: Welcome to the golden land, Myanmar
Mingalarbar and welcome to Myanmar! Upon arrival at Yangon International Airport, our guide will meet you and transfer you to your hotel. Free and leisurely the rest of the day and enjoy your night at a hotel in Yangon.
Day 2: Fly to Nyaung U (near Bagan) and enjoy sightseeing and take sunset boat
After breakfast at hotel, our guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and transfer you to the domestic airport for a flight (approximately 1 hour and 10 min) to Bagan. Upon arrival, our stationed tour guide will welcome you and take you on a sightseeing tour to the highlights –Pagodas and temples such as Shwezegon Pagoda - the prototype for later Myanmar pagodas built by King Anawrahta, Ananda temple - a masterpiece of King Kyansittha, Thatbyinnyu temple - the tallest structure in the Bagan plain, Dhamma Yangyi temple – an absolutely massive temple. In the evening, transfer to jetty to enjoy the sunset on board a Sunset Boat. You can fully relax on the deck with a spectacular view of Bagan and a different perspective from usual sightseeing and watch the first stars appear above the Bagan countryside. Sunset Boat is the excellent choice for couples to enjoy their romantic moments with fabulous sunset view over the Irrawaddy. Back to hotel and enjoy your night in Bagan.
Day 3: Free Day in Bagan, NyaungU – Yangon (Flight)
After breakfast, enjoy your free time at the hotel or you can explore our optional tour. In the evening, transfer to airport for taking a flight to Yangon. Upon arrival, transfer to hotel.
Day 4: Fly to Kawthaung and enjoy sightseeing and take sunset boat
After breakfast, our guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and transfer you to a domestic airport for taking about 2-hour direct flight to Kawthaung. Upon arrival at Kawthaung airport, the local guide will meet you and take you on a visit to Maliwon waterfall, Victoria point (separated from Thailand by a broad estuary in the Pakchan River) and Bayintnyaung monument (a king of Konbaung Dynasty of Myanmar) and Pyi Taw Aye Pagoda. Transfer to your hotel for check in and enjoy your night at a hotel in Kawthaung.
Day 5: Transfer to Jetty and Join 4 Days 3 Nights package at Boulder Bay Eco Resort https://boulderasia.com/
After breakfast at hotel, free and leisurely before transfer to jetty. Take a joint boat about 5-6 hours to Boulder Bay Eco Resort which is located in Boulder Island (Known as Nga Kin Nyo Gyi Island) and one of the westernmost islands in the archipelago. The island has a unique climate and exceptionally clear water, almost transparent. Upon arrival at resort, the charming Resort staff will welcome and check you in. Enjoy your stay at Boulder Bay Eco resort.
Please note that the joint boat from Kawthaung to Boulder Island departs every Tuesday and Saturday at 12:00 noon sharp from the jetty in Kawthaung. Please make sure you that you are available a minimum of 30 minutes before departure at the pier for the immigration / harbor check out procedures.
Day 6: Boulder Bay Eco Resort
Breakfast will be served at the dining area which is a place to relax and enjoy a drink. Boulder Island will offer a variety of activities such as kayaking, snorkeling and boat trips (around Boulder Island) weather/sea-permitting. The long tail boat will give you a scenery tour around the beautiful island (Bamboo Bay, Sister Bay, Moken Bay). Enjoy your stay at Boulder Bay Eco resort.
Day 7: Boulder Bay Eco Resort
After breakfast at resort, enjoy your free time or join some activities as yesterday. Enjoy your stay at Boulder Bay Eco resort.
Day 8: Boulder Bay Eco Resort – Kawthaung and back to Yangon (Flight)
Around 06:00 am, depart Boulder Island for Kawthaung jetty (about 5-6 hours). Our waiting vehicle at Kawthaung jetty will drop you off at the airport for your flight to Yangon (approximately 2 hour- direct flight). Upon arrival in Yangon, our guide will meet and transfer you to a hotel. Enjoy your night at a hotel in Yangon.
Day 9: Yangon Departure
After breakfast, our guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and transfer you to Yangon international airport for your departure flight.
What is included in the tour
- All sightseeing tour and transfer services with private air conditioned car as detailed in our itinerary
- Accommodation with breakfast at 3* hotels as specified
- Domestic flight tickets and airport taxes
- Sightseeing tours with English-speaking locally stationed guides in Bagan
- 4 Days 3 nights package rate for Boulder bay Eco Resort
- All entrance fees for the places as mentioned in the program
- Service charges, room tax and baggage handling
- Land Transfer from the Airport / Hotel in Kawthaung, Myanmar or Airport / Hotel / Pier in Ranong, Thailand to the pier in Kawthaung on your arrival and departure day.
- Boat Transfers Kawthaung–Boulder Island–Kawthaung. Departure from Kawthaung jetty every Saturday and Tuesday sharp 12:00 Noon. Departure from Boulder Island every Friday and Monday around 06:00 AM.
- We recommend our guests to arrive in Kawthaung one day before embarkation day.
- Accommodation at the Boulder Bay Eco Resort’s Bungalows(double or single occupancy)
- Full Board while on the Island (3 Meals). Lunch and Dinner with minimum 3–4 dishes per meal.
- Drinking Water, Soft Drinks, Tea and Coffee at the Resort.
- English Speaking Resort-and Guest Relations Manager.
- Free use of Sea Kayaks and Snorkeling equipment and all activities on the Island such as guided trekking tours etc
- Life Jackets during boat trips.
- Free WiFi at the Resort Center.
- Access to our Research and Water Sports Center Platform in Boulder Bay.
What is NOT included in the tour
- International flight tickets to and from Yangon
- Expenditure of a personal nature (Such as: uses of mini-bar and refrigerator, laundry service, telephone call and etc...)
- Travel insurance (cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident or illness)
- Myanmar Visa Fees (apply via https://evisa.moip.gov.mm/index.aspx).
- Medical-and other personal travel insurances
- Alcoholic Beverages.
- Souvenirs, tip of crew and resort staff, etc.
- Fuel surcharge, if applicable
- Mergui Archipelago Royalty Fee is USD 50 per person. (The fee has to be paid in new crisp USD notes to our operation manager in Kawthaung before the guests board the Vessel for trip to Boulder Island).
- Diving Packages
- Excursions to other Islands.
- Any services not mentioned above.
- Optional hot air balloon in Bagan and day trip to Mount Popa