It is focus on Community-based tourism. It effectively supports local residents who invite travelers to visit their community with the provision of midnight accommodation. If you are interested in that kind of tourism or you are the one who truly want to support the community from the destination where you visit, there is no better choice than this.
This program is learn about Kyaikthale village that is home to the Mingalar Bio Garden, nearly 6-acres plot of fertile land that was turned into an essential hotspot for vegetable production shortly after the Cyclone Nargis disaster in 2008. The main beneficiary of the nutrient rich food grown here is a nearby monastic school, home to over 800 students. The aftermath of the cyclone led to severe food shortage and the residents of the monastic school lived off basic staples such as rice and cooking oil, which of course led to the students being severely malnourished.
Start: Your hotel in Yangon (downtown) @ 8:00 AM
End: Your hotel in Yangon (downtown) @ 6:00 PM
Our car and guide will meet you at the hotel lobby in Yangon downtown and drive to Twante (approximately 2 ½ hr drive). When we arrives Twante, continue drive to CBT Kyaikthalae village and receive a warm welcome at the community lodge. A talk will then be provide by the community leader to explain more about the village and the people the project currently supports. Shortly after, we will explore the fields of the local farming community to learn about the creation of natural fertilizer, the cultivation of crops and poultry farming. Lunch will be serve at the lodge. Then visit o near village. This will be a great opportunity to learn about local industry, including bamboo basket weaving and sewing. Then leave from lodge and we will stop off at the Mingalar monastic school to greet the children. After that drive to pottery workshop which is small family business. Finally visit to Shwe Sandaw pagoda then back to Yangon and transfer to your hotel in Yangon downtown.
What is included in the tour
- All sightseeing tour and transfer services with private air conditioned car as detailed in our itinerary
- Service charges, room tax and baggage handling
- Tours with English-speaking locally stationed guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Expenditure of a personal nature (Such as: uses of mini-bar and refrigerator, laundry service, telephone call and etc...)
- International flight tickets to and from Yangon
- Lunch and dinner for the trip
- Myanmar Visa fees
- Services not mentioned in our itinerary
- Travel insurance (cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident or illness)