Our Tour Guide will pick up at your hotel. Only 45 minutes’ drive across the Bago River from Yangon lies Thanlyin (Syriam). It was an important trading center in the 17th Century under the Portuguese Adventurer De Brito. Today, Than-lyin is noted for its Deep Sea Port Projects in Thilawa. Tour highlights; Ruins of the old Portuguese Churches in the center of town, the ruins of a Catholic church built by an Italian Barnabite missionary can still be seen, Kyaik-Khauk Pagoda; it perches on the hillock of the town, an imposing golden stupa similar to the Shwedagon with a history dated back over 2,000 years. The two tombs in front of the pagoda are Myanmar writers Natshinnaung and Padethayaza who wrote about ordinary people in Ava period and were captured by Mon. Later, proceeds to Kyauk-Tan Pagoda (a Pagoda on a small island on a tributary of Yangon’s river), on the way, stop at Bada-Gyi village, to see 41 feet high, 100 years old, huge Seated Buddha Image. Lunch at a local restaurant. Late afternoon, drive back to Yangon.
What is included in the tour
- All sightseeing tour and transfer services with private air conditioned car as detailed in our itinerary
- Boat fees for Kyauk-Tan Pagoda
- Entrance fees and zone fees for Syriam as per mentioned program
- If there are 16 people and above we will grant 1 FOC for tour leader in single room.
- Service charges, room tax and baggage handling
- Tours with English-speaking locally stationed guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Expenditure of a personal nature (Such as: uses of mini-bar and refrigerator, laundry service, telephone call and etc...)
- International flight tickets to and from Yangon
- Lunch and dinners for the whole trip
- Myanmar Visa fees
- Services not mentioned in our itinerary
- Travel insurance (cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident or illness)