- Explore glittering Shwedagon Pagoda, famous landmark of Myanmar
- Amaze thousands of ancient monuments in old town Bagan
- Discover the capital city of Myanmar Last Dynasty, Mandalay
- Venture to the floating gardens and local workshops in Inlay Lake
- Escape to the green field and forest by trekking
It is focus on Community-based tourism. It effectively supports local residents who invite travelers to visit their community with the provision of midnight accommodation. If you are interested in that kind of tourism or you are the one who truly want to support the community from the destination where you visit, there is no better choice than this.
Yangon, the most important commercial city, is a thriving and bustling city. Learn the different architectures of colonial buildings and explore sunset from glided pagoda, Shwedagon. After escaping from that crowded city, getting the memorable experience in old town Bagan filled up with thousands of ancient monuments.The capital of last Myanmar dynasty, Mandalay, explore to the handicrafts workshops and traditional arts. Learn about amazing floating garden and weaving workshop in Inle Lake. Especially the highlight in program is trekking to the green fields and teak forest and the seasonal plantations of local people along the trekking way.
Day 01: Yangon Arrival
- Upon your arrival in Yangon, welcome by our tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Enjoy private tour and drive through downtown to explore the city centre and its fabulous mix of architecture and sites. The streets are fill with historical buildings many of which have a faded colonial charm not seen elsewhere in Asia. You’ll start at the post office –a lovely historic building, passing by Strand Hotel, Mahabandoola Garden and Independence Monument along the way.Then visit famous ChaukHtat Kyi, home to a 70-meter long reclining Buddha. The feet of the statue carved with traditional symbols and often many locals gathering to pay homage and pray. Photo stop at the Karaweik Hall royal floating barge.Nothing will prepare you for Shwedagon Pagoda, with its glittering gold stupa. At the pagoda observe local pilgrims and monks offering their devotions and enjoy the amazing sunset view at Shwedagon pagoda. Overnight at hotel in Yangon.
Day 02: Yangon – Bagan
- After breakfast, transfer to Yangon domestic airport for Bagan. Upon arrivalat Bagan airport and check in hotel (early check-in is depends on the room availability). There are thousands of ancient monuments so our local guide will help to manage the time and place to see the most interesting Pagodas and temples. The high lights of historic Pagodas and temples shall be Shwezegon Pagoda - the prototype for later Myanmar pagodas built by King Anawyethta, Ananda temple a master piece of King Kyansittha, KyansitthaUmin (cave) - a tunnel with an interesting feature of paintings of mongo warriors, Gubyaukgyi temple inTetkyi-Inn village, Htilominlo Temple, noted for its plaster carvings; Thatbyinnyu temple - the highest building in the Bagan plain, DhammaYangyi temple - the most massive temple, etc. After that overlooking, sunset view at NyaungLettPhet view mount (or) SulamaniKan View mount, relax and be amazed by the beauty of Bagan as you watch the sun slowly set behind the ancient Pagodas. Overnight in Bagan. Overnight at hotel in Bagan.
Day 03: Mt Popa - Bagan
- Optional tour: Balloons over Bagan flight (sunrise)
- After breakfast at hotel, drive to Mt Popa which is 50 km south-east of Bagan. On the way to Mt Popa, you can see country style of Myanmar middle plain region and may be you can have a short stop to see local village life. Mt. Popa is an extinct volcano of more than 1500 meters high above sea level. You will however visit to the volcanic plug (736 meters high cone shape small hill built up of lava and rocks) on the slope of the main Popa. It is locally called PopaTaungKalat. There are many pagodas, monasteries and sprit houses around the base of TaungKalat. Drive back to Bagan and overnight at hotel in Bagan.
Day 04: Bagan – Mandalay
- After breakfast at hotel, transfer to Bagan airport for domestic flight to Mandalay. Arrive at Mandalay and check in hotel. Then drive to Amarapura, 11 km south of Mandalay, (an ancient capital of Kongbaung Dynasty in 1783). Visit Mahar-ga- na- yone monastery (one of the famous monastic schools) and U Bein bridge (2km long wooden bridge across Taung Tha Man Lake). Amarapura is also famous for local silk and cotton weaving industries. Afternoon, sightseeing tour starts with Mahamuni Pagoda, which its spectacular Buddha image covered with thick layers of gold leaves. Shwe Inbin, one of the most outstanding monasteries in the country, Shwe Nan DawKyaung (or) Golden Palace Monastery, a superb example of a traditional wooden building, Kuthodaw Pagoda, which is known as the world’s largest book consisting of 729 marble slabs engraved with Buddhist scriptures. Overnight at hotel in Mandalay.
Day 05: Mandalay – Heho – Inle
- After breakfast at hotel, take flight to Heho, gateway to Inle Lake. From Hehoairport, drive to NyaungShwe where we pick up our boat & transfer to your hotel for check in. Enjoy the full day tour by private boat in Inlelake. Visit the PhaungDaw Oo Pagoda, the most holy religious site in southern Shan State. Be amazed by the local handicrafts, silk weaving, wooden handlooms and traditional blacksmith methods along the way. Visiting Inle Lake is not just about being on the water but also about discovering the Shan and Intha villages on the banks of the river. Pass the endless floating gardens, houses, monasteries built on stilts on the lake. Stop at NgaPheKyaung Monastery then proceed to Nampan village and see local cheroot factory (where the Burmese cigars are made) and canoe carving. Overnight at hotel in Inle Lake.
Day 06: CBT Program Trekking – Hiking )Inle – Moekaung – Htine village community house
- Starting point is at the lower Magyigone boat jetty. Trek along Teak forests, sugar cane and seasonal plantations. All the way up to Moekaung village, rice, garlic fields, streams and beautiful villages can be seen. Have lunch at Moekaung. After lunch, walk to Donthakhaw and from there climb up to Hti Ne, which is the Pa-O village where we stop for the night in the community house.
- Trekking Distance = 12 km ,Trek condition = 30% up, &70% flat
Day 07: Htine village community house
- After breakfast, spend the whole day exploring around the village and learn about the way of life of the people who live in the vicinity of the Pa-O area. You can see activities such as traditional hand weaving, bamboo handicraft making, cultivation systems of the hill tribes, etc. Lunch will be arranged by the local people and you can participate or learn their cooking methods with traditional recipes. After a lunch break, a community village guide will lead you around the area where you can learn about reforestation. In the evening after dinner, the villagers will entertain you by playing their own musical instruments and showing you their techniques dancing. Night stop in the community house.
Day 08: Htine village community house – NaungKae – Kakku – Nyaung Shwe
- After breakfast, we check out from the community house at 8:30 am. We continue to Naungkae village where a car will wait for us. We take the car to Kakku to have lunch at Hlaing Koon restaurant which is facing the Pagoda complex. After lunch, visit the Kakku Pagoda and take the car drive to Nyaung Shwe (via Taunggyi). Check in at hotel and overnight at hotel in Nyaung Shwe.
- (Trekking Distance = 3.02 km (walk), 90 km(car), Trek condition = 10 % up, 20% down &70% flat
Day 09: Heho – Yangon
- After breakfast at hotel, drive to Hehoairport for flight to Yangon.Upon arrival at Yangon, transfer to hotel for check-in.Relax free and easy stay and overnight at hotel in Yangon.
Day 10: Yangon Departure
- After breakfast at hotel, we will send you to Yangon International airport to check in for your international departure flight.
What is included in the tour
- All sightseeing tour and transfer services with private air conditioned car as detailed in our itinerary
- Accommodation with breakfast at 3* hotels as specified
- Domestic flight tickets and airport taxes
- Transfers and tours with English-speaking locally stationed guides
- All entrance fees for the places as mentioned in the program
- Boat trip as specified
- Domestic airports taxes
- Service charges, room tax and baggage handling
- If there are 16 people and above we will grant 1 FOC for tour leader in single room.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Services not mentioned in our itinerary
- Lunch and dinners for the whole trip
- Myanmar Visa fees
- International flight tickets to and from Yangon
- Expenditure of a personal nature (Such as: uses of mini-bar and refrigerator, laundry service, telephone call and etc...)
- Travel insurance (cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of accident or illness)